Thursday 11 March 2010

Settling into a daily routine

Another early start on Tuesday, as I was on the early shift once more. (It seems that I've mostly been allocated this 8am-3pm one.) Once again, I got a lift and so was at the Multi-Faith Centre before 7:30am. My first task was to prepare my Bible Study notes for the 9am prayer and Bible study session. I opted for Psalm 23, and worked on comparisons between the roles of shepherds and coaches/mentors. But the study remains unused for now as no-one came at 9am, so I enjoyed a 'quiet time' on my own with some Christian music playing in the background.
Later in the morning, I visited around the Village. Having introduced myself and the Multi-Faith Centre to the GB team office yesterday, I did the same at the Japanese team office today. Loughborough University, where I'm Visiting Sports Chaplain, has a special relationship with the Japanese Olympic Committee, meaning that during the run-up to 2012 Japanese athletes use the sports facilities on campus when training or competing in Europe. As a result of this, I've been familiarising myself with Japanese culture, especially their religious culture, and so it seemed natural for me to make contact with them here.
This was followed by my daily visit to the Polyclinic; lunch; the chaplains' prayer and sharing session; and some admin - the beginnings of a daily routine being set.
Soon after 3pm, I headed back to my hosts, walking more of the journey than 'usual' as it was a nice day, albeit colder than it has been. It was also earlier than I've been so far, and it was good that I was back in time today to be able to share an evening meal with the family for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment