Wednesday 3 March 2010

Ready to Journey?

Well, that's it, the packing's done and the travelling is about to begin. It was quite hard to know what to take - so tempting to take lots of heavy winter clothes, but having seen from the coverage of the Olympics that both Vancouver and Whistler are experiencing milder conditions than usual that may not be the most helpful approach. Not knowing the set-up that we'll be working in also adds to the uncertainty - how much will chaplains be outside? how much at indoor venues? how much in the faith centres? - although having been told that I'll be based in Vancouver rather than Whistler did help a bit with some of the decisions about what to take and what to leave behind.
It was great this morning, at our Ministry Team Cell Group, to be prayed for and commissioned by my parish and team colleagues for the work I'm going to do at the Paralympics, and to be sent out with their, as well as God's, blessing. There was also another glimpse of the worldwide nature of the church, as we also prayed for someone else soon to fly to India to do some Christian work there.
Later in the morning, I did a radio interview at Andover Sound, our local radio station, for broadcasting tomorrow as I begin my travels. Strange to think that almost as soon as I return from Canada, I have to go back there to record the 'Sunday Thought' for Easter Day as my turn on the rota will have come round again. The Christian story carries us with it throughout the year, and invites us to journey in a different kind of way.....

No comments:

Post a Comment