Tuesday 11 August 2009

Final Preparations

Having applied last year to be a chaplain at this year's World Athletics Championships, the time has almost come. The packing's in progress, and just a few last minute things to buy, gather, etc. I also have to do the last bits of work here - some bits of parish administration plus a visit to my local ASDA store - as part of my parish-work, I'm also chaplain there, and they're due a visit today. It's quite hard to know what to pack and what to leave behind - a strange mixture of smart-ish work clothes, casual/sports clothes, possibly robes for wearing whilst taking services, and sports gear (in case I dare use the gym with all those athletes around us!), plus my Bible and other resources for the devotions I shall be leading in the various 'Oases of Silence'.

1 comment:

  1. We will look forward to following your experience with much interest!

    ReplyDelete