Tuesday 17 August 2010

2010 Women's Rugby World Cup beckons.....

Almost 5 months after sitting in Vancouver airport reflecting on my Winter Paralympic experiences, Sunday 15th August found me packing my bags again ready to leave the next day to serve as chaplain at another international sporting event. This time, there wouldn't be so far to travel, and when many of my friends learned where the 2010 Women's Rugby World Cup is being held they said "oh, that's nowhere near as glamorous as Vancouver or Berlin!" (Sorry, Guildford, don't blame me!) Although my sports chaplaincy role at Loughborough University has continued throughout that time, a lot has happened in the last 5 months (some of which explains my 'silence' since the end of March) and there are more changes afoot in the next month......but more of that in a future post.....

No comments:

Post a Comment